Internship Cover Letter Advice

Looking for some way to cut back on this. It's about 75 words too long I suspect. Any suggestions?

Dear [Redacted],
I’m very interested in the actuarial internship that [Redacted] offers. [Head of actuarial department] recommended me to apply, among only a few others at University. I feel that I am a great fit for [Redacted] considering my experience, skills, and actuarial exam progress.

My experience would not only benefit [Redacted] during this summer internship, but they would allow me to succeed long-term. I currently work in one of the student life offices on campus, and have gained ample knowledge of excel while on the job. At this job, my main duty is to analyze and present expense data in a way that helps others make decisions about the future.

My skills are also very applicable to this opportunity. I have experience in excel, access and some working with SQL. My experience in SQL comes from in-class experience in Microsoft access. I am currently learning more SQL independently through various online resources. My non-technical skills include effective communication and presentation. I have strong interpersonal skills, and I’m an effective leader in group work settings.

I have one exam passed, and plan to pass another early in the summer. My aggressive strategy towards passing exams has been successful so far, and has allowed me to be semesters ahead of some colleagues in this regard.

Thank you for considering my qualifications for the actuarial internship position at [Redacted]. I would be very excited to join a team that has such a positive impact on those it serves. I would be happy to meet with you to further explain how I might fit this position. Please contact me via email or phone. I look forward to hearing from you.


Internship Cover Letter Advice