Did I just waste 8 years of my life trying to be an actuary?

Long post incoming.

A little about myself:
I'm your average Joe.

While all of my classmates went to college, I decided to enter the workforce because the cost wasn't worth it. I got no scholarships (Bad high school GPA but very high SAT scores [2310]).

I started working at McDonald's as a fry cook, but I got fired after 3 months because I got caught secretly eating the fries and nuggets during work.

I landed a desk/office job at an import/export company 1 month later, which is where I'm still working.
I started at $45,000/year + bennies and reached my current salary of $125,000/year + bennies & 30% annual bonuses in just 3 years due to good performance.

The job is very low stress. I file a few paperwork and reply to ~5 e-mails a day, but I feel that I've capped out professionally. There's only 1 manager in the office, and he's around my age, so I don't think he's going to quit any time soon.

I've saved up $500,000 in my bank account + $70,000 in cash so far, which I feel is below where I should be at my age (30). I still live with my parents, so I don't have any bills I need to worry about.
I want to get rich so I can attract a former high school peer of mine, but I just don't see myself becoming rich working where I'm at. I decided to pursue the actuarial exams. So far, I've passed all SOA exams for the Life insurance track. I've been applying to jobs and all of them require a college degree. I've heard back from no company.

I was considering enrolling in a college, but it costs $250,000, which is almost half of what I've saved up. Is it really worth the cost to go to college just so I can be an actuary? I feel like I've wasted so much time trying to be one.

I feel so depressed. I am thankful that I am more fortunate than some of my HS peers who have $150,000+ in college debt and are struggling to find even work at a fast food joint, but the girl I'm trying to get said she won't date anyone with under $10 million in the bank. Will I stay poor forever? I love my job, but I have to be rich. What should I do?


Did I just waste 8 years of my life trying to be an actuary?